This weeks episode is all about when the girls checked out day 3 of this years amazing Berwick Film and Media Arts Festival up in Berwick-upon-Tweed. As you might recall we checked out the opening day of the festival last year, and the high expectations we got from the festival this year were met in full! We saw some amazing films, some confusing ones, some cool art, and we caught up with some old friends. If this sounds like your cup of tea then give the episode a listen!
This year’s festival ran from 19th – 22nd September.
Things we saw:
- Animistic Apparatus: Fireworks (Archives) (2014) Dir. Apichatpong Weerasethakul, MEXICO, THAILAND
- Douma Underground (2018) Dir. Tim Alsiofi, LEBANON, SYRIA
- A Hundred Faces for a Single Day (1971) Dir. Christian Ghazi, LEBANON
- Distancing (2019) Dir. Miko Revereza, USA
- Meeting Uncle Yuji (2018) Dir. Daisuke Kosugi, NORWAY
- Dear Babylon (2019) Dir. Ayo Akingbade, UK
- Receiver (2019) Dir. Jenny Brady, IRELAND